Flying to or from the Heart Pontoon and want to Dive?
With so many operators in the mix, it can be a little confusing when you are trying to plan your trip. We hope that the following information will help you plan your day a little easier. This information is for guests using a helicopter to get to or from the pontoon and does not relate to scenic tours which are an optional extra while at the pontoon.
First you need to book your helicopter. For information, prices and bookings please contact Hamilton Island Air on (07) 4969 9599.
Once you have made your helicopter booking you can arrange diving with Reef Safari by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (07) 4946 4766.
IMPORTANT – Please note the following booking and payment procedures and notice required for each type of booking.
Cruise out / Fly Home
This is the best option for you if you want to dive. You can attend necessary dive briefings on the journey out and there is more time to take everything in your stride.
- Medical forms and payment can be completed on the journey out to the pontoon.
- No advance booking required, however for peace of mind during peak holiday periods (school holidays), you can email us in advance to secure your spot.
Fly out / Cruise home
This option requires more planning as you will be arriving at the pontoon after diving has commenced. Dive briefings must be arranged one-on-one, once you arrive.
- You must submit your medical form to us at least 48 hours in advance in order to confirm your spot.
- Pay for dives on board the vessel on journey home from the pontoon
- To book contact email@example.com
Fly / Fly – Fly Both Ways
Diving occurs outside the hours of 10.30am and 2.30pm. This is an exclusive service as you have your own diving instructor and the luxury of experiencing the tranquility of the reef when the day trippers are not there. Due to this, our afterhours pricing applies.
- Afterhours pricing applies. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to check availability and pricing.
- At least 48 hours confirmed notice is required for all bookings.* We cannot guarantee bookings that do not have the required notice period so please be prepared and book ahead.
* Confirmed notice means all medicals forms have been received, reviewed and approved by Reef Safari for diving to go ahead. Confirmed notice also means that payment has been processed (Visa and Mastercard only).